Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Walk Under The Stars

She rose up from her seat,
Declaring,” I’ve had a lot today
Lets go someplace else now.”
And all I could say was,” Okay.”


The bill was paid in crisp green notes,
We tipped the waiter well.
We walked out at ten at night,
And started a walk swell.


The warmth of her hand I could feel,
Our shadows following us behind.
We walked at a leisurely pace,
With no single thing on my mind.


I said after sometime into the stroll,
“I really want to go to bed.”
In reply she stood mum,
And didn’t even shake her head.


The winds rustled the leaves,
Hardly was there a soul in sight,
There was hardly any talk between us,
Try as hard as we might.


A sudden chilly breeze blew,
I offered her my jacket at once,
She smiled at me and I felt proud,
Nature had given me this chance !


We kept on walking, not wanting to stop.
The time had, by now, crossed eleven.
The stars shone far above us.
Sparkling from their nest in Heaven.


“It’s late I think”, I remarked.
She did not stop looking at me
She shook her head furiously.
My heart was then brimful with glee!


She halted in her path, all of a sudden,
Turned around and stared,
Stared with an aura about her.
I knew then that she cared.


She closed her eyes slowly,
And moved closer to me.
I followed her, our lips inches apart.
I think it was a deed of Destiny.


We reached her home late,
She fumbled for the keys.
All this time I was
Trying to find my knees


A walk under the stars it was,
The walk had come to a finish .
I said goodbye, and kissed her cheek.
The smile on her lips did not diminish…

No comments: