Monday, December 15, 2008

It Was Love Then...

She was standing on the corner of the lane,
Lost in a sublime thought it seemed,
I said to myself in an inaudible whisper,
“What might she be thinking of ?”
And then it came to me, she was thinking of love!


I took a few steps toward the strange beauty,
But suddenly halted my stride,
I saw another come to her,
And gladly greeted her with a shake of the hand,
This time I thought to myself,
“Who might this person be ?”
But this time, the answer was nowhere in sight,
And I was as confused as I could ever be.


They started talking animatedly,
It seemed all jolly and good at first.
However, things started going downhill it seemed
And he spat on the ground and left in a hurry,
Leaving her eyes teary and sorrow on her face,
She turned towards me, and I was completely taken aback,
Couldn’t help but keep staring at the face,
Whose emotions spoke a thousand words.


I mustered up all the courage I had,
And went to her with a question in my mind.
I enquired who that person was,
Who just made her burst into tears.
She looked at me strangely, and then smiled surprisingly,
Then said,” A man I once loved…”


I realized what I was looking at
Was as complicated as the stars and planets.
However, she had an aura about her
That kept me interested further
I put a hand around her shoulder and said
“It’s all going to be alright.”
She smiled again, this time all the pain gone
And said,” I don’t even know you,
But thanks nonetheless.”
And I breathed a sigh of relief.


We parted ways then, and on the way back home,
I was thinking about the woman,
I could not get her out of my mind for some reason.
Her beautiful image kept returning to me
And I came to the conclusion that
This was a case of whole, true love.


As the bus arrived at my stop,
I got down and ran into my apartment.
As I closed the door behind my back,
There she was, sitting right in front of me
I asked her how she got there, astonished.
She said she wanted to thank me again.
I put forward my hand, a little embarassed,
And I knew, It was love then...

No comments: